Friday, February 2, 2007

No Disaster, Thanks to Google!

Two days ago I decided to Format my Presario Laptop and reinstall Windows XP because..... well its Windows :oP.

I have Unix Ubuntu installed on another partition. When my laptop starts, I have a choice between Ubuntu and Windows XP.

I backed up important data on Ubuntu and an external hard disk.

After reinstalling XP, I discovered that I can't access Ubuntu. I tried to fix the problem but I made it worse. So I had to reinstall Ubuntu and lose everything :o(

If you know me in person, you will know that I am a Google fanatic. I use any new service offered by Google. And because of that I didn't lose much. Here is Why:
  • I use Gmail to store and manage all my emails and email accounts. With almost 3GB of storage, I don't need to delete or archive any emails. I also store my contacts in Gmail, but this needs improving.
  • I use Google Calendar for appointments and meetings.
  • I use Google Docs and Spreadsheets to store important Word and Excel documents.
  • I use Google Picasa Web Albums to store and manage my pictures.
  • I am using Blogger right now to host my blogs.
  • I use Google Bookmarks for my bookmarks.
  • and more...
Because I have everything stored on Google servers, I was able to retrieve all my lost data, Thank You Google!

So for all that asks me Why I like Google!, Read this blog!

How did Google Help you? What Google services you like? post it!

No comments: